Search This Blog

Monday, January 31, 2011

Breathing In and Out

Sometimes I don't even pay attention to the breath in my body. Slow, rhythmic, life-sustaining, you just do it - you breathe. So it is with art. I wasn't aware, initially, that I was holding my creative breath, and slowly withering because of it. That first conscious in-take of creative breath was a heady experience. I still fall into the old habit of holding my breath and I need to stop that. Life intervenes. "Important" things invade my space, mental and physical. Who deemed them "important"? I need to go practice breathing, the studio beckons. The dust bunnies can wait.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Vickie. Welcome to blog world. You are never too old to blog. After reading your post I feel that maybe I am a little too stupid to post. I love the way you express yourself. I just don't have the words. I do have the dust bunnies though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie. Thank you. You have no problem expressing yourself, verbally or visually. Your work gets rave reviews out here on The Island. Thanks for leaving a comment. You're my First!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful new blog, Vickie. I've added you to my Google Reader and will enjoy keeping up with your journey.

    Ernie

    ReplyDelete